Be active, have fun, and eat your vegetables!
Nutritional Information – Are you looking for a carbohydrate count or nutritional information? You are in the right place!
Nutrition Service Office:
Director: Jesse Bender
Secretary: Sue Paulis
Click on the Lunch Lady picture to visit Jarrett J. Krosoczka's Website; author of the Lunch Lady graphic novel series.
2018-2019 Breakfast and Lunch Prices
- Grade 4k-5: $1.55
- Grade 6-8: $1.55
- Grade 9-12: $1.70
- REDUCED - $0.30
- ADULT - $2.10
MILK BREAK & EXTRA MILK - $0.50
- 6-8: $2.85
- 9-12: $2.95
- REDUCED - $0.40
- ADULT -$3.65
8 Tips for Easy and Fun Family Meals
Just remember that eating together as a family is more than just a meal; the goal is to get everyone to the dinner table and to spend quality time together. Here are some strategies that can help you getting started eating together as a family unit:
- Try to keep family meals fun. Include children in the meal preparation and in the
decision about what foods will be offered for dinner. Children feel important if they contribute to family meals.
- After-school activities have to be chosen carefully in order to protect the dinner routine for most days of the week. Make shared family meals a priority.
- Set specific mealtimes by writing them on the calendar and let everyone in the family knows when dinner is served and when they must be home.
- Be a good role model by eating healthy foods and proper table manners.
- Keep nutritious, wholesome foods in the house.
- Limit the availability of high-calorie, high-sugar, high-fat foods that have few other nutrients.
- Try to eliminate distractions, like TV, telephone, and cell phones during mealtime.
- Remember that it is never too late to start a routine family dinner. Just find an appropriate time that works best for your family.
Whipping Up Wellness Timber Chefs
Five Students from Tomah High School submitted a recipe in a statewide student chef competition. The students tried three different recipes before selecting their favorite, the “Zesty Black Bean and Corn Quesadilla”. <---
Questions, Comments, or Concerns? Who do you ask?
Questions related to:
Account balances, account activity, or general food service information; please contact Susan Paulis in the Nutrition Service Office at 608-374-7356.
Questions related to:
Application for Free and Reduced Price School Meals; please contact Susan Paulis in the Food Service Office at 608-374-7356.
Need to talk to the Head Cheese; please contact Jesse Bender in the Nutrition Service Office at 608-374-7363.
"Humor is mankind’s greatest blessing." Mark Twain
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
- mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
- fax: (202) 690-7442; or
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.