Required Notice of Academic Standards, Accountability Reports, and Educational Options
Adoption of Academic Standards for the 2017-18 School Year
The Tomah Area School District has adopted the Common Core State Standards for English/language arts (ELA) and Common Core Math Standards. In the area of science, the Next Generation Science Standards (www.nextgenscience.org) have been adopted and for all other content areas, the Wisconsin Model Academic Standards (dpi.wi.gov/standards) have been adopted as the academic standards.
These academic standards were adopted by the Board of Education on the 17th of July, 2017 and recorded in the Board minutes.
School District Accountability Report
As part of the state accountability system, the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) has produced report cards for every school district in Wisconsin. These report cards provide data on multiple indicators for four (4) priority areas: student achievement, student growth, closing gaps, and on track and post-secondary readiness. Tomah’s accountability reports are available at the following link: apps2.dpi.wi.gov/reportcards
The most recent (2015-16) school accountability performance categories for schools in the Tomah School District are as follows:
|Tomah Area School District||Meets Expectations||65.1|
Camp Douglas Elementary
|LaGrange Elementary||Exceeds Expectations||77.0|
|Lemonweir Elementary||Meets Few Expectations||62.7|
|Miller Elementary||Exceeds Expectations||79.6|
|Oakdale Elementary||Alternative Rating-Satisfactory Progress|
|Robert Kupper Learning Center||Alternative Rating-Satisfactory Progress|
|Tomah Area Montessori School||Alternative Rating-Satisfactory Progress|
|Tomah High School||Meets Expectations||67.1|
|Tomah Middle School||Meets Expectations||64.0|
|Wyeville Elementary||Meets Expectations||64.7|
Educational Options Available To Resident Children
- The Tomah Area School District offers the following educational options for resident school aged children:
- Full-time Enrollment Opportunities which Include: Core Academic Education (English, science, social studies, mathematics), Reading Instruction, Career and Technical Education, Fine Arts Education (visual, musical, and performing arts), Physical and Health Education, Education for Employment Programs, Financial Literacy, English as a Second Language, Talented and Gifted Education, and Programs to Address the Needs of Students with Disabilities.
- Youth Options
- Course Options
- Open Enrollment
- Part-Time Enrollment for Non-Public School Children
- Tomah Area Montessori School (TAMS) Public Charter
- Rural Virtual Academy
- Advanced Placement Coursework
- Transcripted Credit with WTC
- Industry Certifications (ACCT, CNA, Youth Apprenticeships)
- Summer PACK (Positive Adventures Creating Knowledge) Program (4K- 8)
- High School Summer School
Note: Currently there are no private schools participating in a parental choice program operating within the Tomah Area School District.