Required Notice of Academic Standards, Accountability Reports, and Educational Options
Adoption of Academic Standards for the 2022-23 School Year
The Tomah Area School District has adopted the Common Core State Standards for English/language arts (ELA) and Common Core Math Standards. In the area of science, the Next Generation Science Standards have been adopted. In the area of social studies, the Wisconsin Standards for Social Studies have been adopted and for all other content areas, the Wisconsin Model Academic Standards have been adopted as the academic standards.
These academic standards were adopted by the Board of Education on July 18, 2022, and recorded in the Board minutes.
School District Accountability Report
As part of the state accountability system, the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) has produced report cards for every school district in Wisconsin. These report cards provide data on multiple indicators for four (4) priority areas: student achievement, student growth, closing gaps, and on track and post-secondary readiness. View Tomah’s previous year accountability reports. Download the full 2021-2022 report with data for each school.
Wisconsin's Information System for Education Data Dashboard
Use this public portal to explore statistics about Wisconsin public schools. Click on the Quick-Start video icon on the right to view a 3-minute video to get started.
Tomah Area School District ESSER III Plan
TASD's ESSER III LEA Plan Report for 21-22
For additional assessment information and educational options available to resident children please visit the Required Notices page.
Educational Options Available To Resident Children
The Tomah Area School District offers the following educational options for resident school aged children:
- Full-time Enrollment Opportunities which Include: Core Academic Education (English, Science, Social Studies, Mathematics), Reading Instruction, Career and Technical Education, Fine Arts Education (Visual, Musical, and Performing Arts), Physical and Health Education, Education for Employment Programs, Financial Literacy, English as a Second Language, Talented and Gifted Education, and Programs to Address the Needs of Students with Disabilities.
- Open Enrollment (http://dpi.wi.gov/open-enrollment)
- Part-Time Open Enrollment for Public High School Students
- Early College Credit Program (ECCP)
- Start College Now Program (https://dpi.wi.gov/dual-enrollment/start-college-now)
- Part-Time Enrollment for Non-Public School Children
- Tomah Area Montessori School (TAMS) Public Charter (TAMS website)
- Rural Virtual Academy (http://ruralvirtual.org/site/index.php)
- Advanced Placement Coursework
- Transcripted Credit with WTC (WTC Transcription Information)
- Industry Certifications (ACCT, CNA, Youth Apprenticeships)
- Summer PACK (Positive Adventures Creating Knowledge) Program (4K- 8)
- High School Summer School
Note: Currently Queen of The Apostles is the only private school participating in a parental choice program operating within the Tomah Area School District.