Camp Douglas Elementary
81 Junction Street Camp Douglas, WI 54618 * Phone: 608-374-7091 * School Hours: 7:45 AM-2:45 PM Monday through Thursday * 7:45 AM-12:45 PM on Friday
At Camp Douglas Elementary, we embrace learning for all, as our highest priority. By providing our diverse community with dynamic educational opportunities, we develop engaged members of society and enthusiastic learners for life.
NOTES FROM THE OFFICE - ATTENDANCE
- If your child is ill or has an appointment, you will need to call the attendance office at 374-7091 prior to 8:30 AM. You may call this number anytime of the day or night and leave a message. Be sure to include your child's name, reason for the absence.
- If your child will be tardy to school, you need to call the office at 374-7091 before 8:30 AM so a hot lunch will be ordered for them.
- Children should not arrive at school prior to 7:20 am as there is no supervision provided for their safety.
- Breakfast is served from 7:20-7:40
- School ends at 2:45 PM Monday throughThursday and Friday's at 12:45 PM.
- Always plan to arrive on time to pick up your child. Children become concerned when parents are late for pick up.
Every Child, Every Day
WELCOME to the 2019-20 School Year!! We are glad you are part of our Camp Douglas Family!
Welcome to Camp Douglas Elementary School, where learning is for Every Child, Every Day. As the new principal of Camp Douglas, I want to let you know that our school is an excellent place to be! All of us at Camp Douglas want you to feel like you truly belong, and that here you can learn and grow!
At Camp Douglas, we ensure learning for all. We provide guidance and resource programs, challenge opportunities and progress monitoring of all students to help us meet that mission. We invite you to be part of the learning community here at Camp Douglas. Please visit us on the web at Camp Douglas Elementary School, on Facebook, or better yet, stop in and visit us in person at 81 Junction Street Camp Douglas, WI 54618. You are sure to get a warm welcome!
Adoption of Academic Standards for the 2020-21 School Year
The Tomah Area School District has adopted the Common Core State Standards for English/language arts (ELA) and Common Core Math Standards. In the area of science, the Next Generation Science Standards have been adopted. In the area of social studies, the Wisconsin Standards for Social Studies have been adpoted and for all other content areas, the Wisconsin Model Academic Standards have been adopted as the academic standards.
These academic standards were adopted by the Board of Education on July 20, 2020, and recorded in the Board minutes.