We are dedicated to provide a learning environment "Where Learning Grows in Hearts and Minds." We recognize that the first years of learning are vital to future success; TAMS will foster a lifelong love of learning by creating a classroom that is individualized and encourages curiosity and guided exploration about world knowledge and the child's role in the community.
- Develop a lifelong love of learning and executive function skills with engaging, hands-on materials and child-centered instruction
- Create a respectful and nurturing classroom and school community
- Increase family involvement in school
- Close the achievement gaps among students of varied socioeconomic statuses in math and literacy
- Retain Montessori-certified staff committed to professional development through a Professional Learning Community and collaborations with other educators
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
- Tomah Area Montessori School (TAMS) is dedicated to providing children a Montessori education based on Dr. Montessori’s principles that focus on the development of the whole child; intellectual, physical, social, emotional, and spiritual.
- TAMS serves 4K-Kindergarten students in the “Children’s House” room, 1st -3rd Graders are together in Elementary One (E1) and 4th - 6th graders are in Elementary Two (E2).
- Our Montessori programs provide children with:
- A learning environment that is prepared
- Child-centered and responsive
- Learning activity that is spontaneous, dynamic, and self-directed
- Hands on experience with materials
- Intrinsic motivation and freedom within limits
- Mixed age grouping that focus on cooperation and collaboration in a community setting.
- Our campus is situated in a quiet area with plenty of space to explore and an outdoor play area. TAMS offers a warm, home-like environment.
ABOUT OUR STAFF
- TAMS is committed to maintaining its instruction of true Montessori education. Our mission as educators and parents is to foster independent, confident, academically prepared, and socially responsible citizens, who will be lifelong learners and problem solvers. We will grow and evolve to meet the needs of our children, parents, and community.
- Dedicated staff of teachers, assistants, enrichment, and administrative personnel who are committed to the academic, social, emotional, and physical development of our students.
- Open communication, teamwork, peer coaching, and continuous education in child/brain development and Montessori credentialing are core values
ABOUT OUR COMMUNITY
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED:
1. Serve on the Governance Board: A charter school is unique because a Governance Board made up of parents, educators, and community members who are responsible for leading the school. Although the teachers and principal are employed by the school district, TAMS has more flexibility and independence to carry out its vision through the use of the Governance Board.
2. Attend the Governance Board Meetings: The TAMS Governance Board meets the second Wednesday of each month at 6:00pm at the TAMS campus. Meetings are open to the public.
3. Serve on a school committee: If you are interested in serving on the Governance Board or various committees, please contact TAMS Principal.
Increasing parent involvement is a big goal of TAMS, and we welcome any feedback from parents or community members.