What is the Governance Board?
TAMS is fortunate to have a Governance Board to ensure it's organizationally operating efficiently and is fulfilling TAMS goals and missions. The board is an entity of community leadership and governance to sustain the mission of the TAMS's Montessori pedagogy. TAMS Governance Board is committed to ongoing and annual accountability to its authorizer, the Tomah Area School District Board of Education.
What does the Governance Board do?
The board manages the following aspects of TAMS in partnership with the Board of Education:
- Curriculum and instruction
- Personnel and professional development
- Budget expenditures of allocated budgets, grant funds, and funds donated specifically to TAMS
- Marketing and enrollment
Who is currently serving on the Governance Board?
The board is compiled of parents of students, community members, and staff members. The board is to consist of seven members, each serving three year terms.
- Pam Melby (President)
- Adam Bubnich (Vice President)
- EmmyLou Houston (Secretary)
- Rachael Linehan (Treasurer)
- Cindy Best, Becky Bauman
- Spencer Stephens
Want to serve on the Governance Board?
This is a great introduction to serving on a community board and you have the potential to make a great impact on the students at TAMS.
- Terms are for a three year duration
- Anyone can serve on the board; it is not only for parents of TAMS students!
Meetings are held typically on the second Wednesday of each month at TAMS and are open to the public.