The BOE acted on the below items at last night’s regular meeting:
1. Item 5, B, III, a “Discussion of COVID 19 Case information, Impact on Learning and Instruction, 2021-2022 Return to School”
- It is our plan to return to school full time, 5 days a week, at all buildings with no early dismissal schedule.
- There is an option for an online learning model for any families looking for that method.
- Our District COVID 19 Health & Safety committee will continue to meet to assess local and state data.
- We have the ability to pivot our instructional method should the necessity arise.
- We will continue to impress the importance of certain risk mitigation practices in our classrooms (hand washing, social distancing in the classrooms as practical, and contact tracing/quarantine practices based on county/state guidelines).
- This is to be in effect on July 13th for Lemonweir and district wide on September 13th.
- Return to School presentation is attached to the meeting notes in the board documents.
2. Item 7C “Consideration and possible action to amend/repeal current face covering mandate applicable to TASD employees, students, and visitors on school property and at school-sponsored/approved events”
- The board unanimously approved face coverings are optional for TASD employees, students, and visitors on school property and at school sponsored approved events. This is effective immediately.
3. Item 7, A “Consideration and approval to survey the community on the options recommended by the Facility Community Focus Group”
- The board approved the survey going out to the community.
- The board approved a proposal for survey services with School Perceptions as well (Agenda Item 7B).
- This initiative is running on a timeline to include drafting, review, and action by the BOE
- This phase of the timeline will run through August.
- Tentative distribution to the community is scheduled for the week of September 20th.
4. Item 7P “Review and approval of 2021-2022 district meal prices”
- Meal prices remain the same.
- Breakfast and lunch services will remain free for the next year.
- Milk breaks will still be at a rate of:
- 4K-5th Grade: $.50/carton
- Extra Milk K-12: $.50/carton