AP English Homepage
College Board is the organization that manages, writes, and distributes testing materials for SAT, AP exams, CLEP exams, and other testing materials. Click on these links for a description of AP English Literature and Composition and AP English Language and Composition from the College Board.
Enrollment Criteria for Tomah High School AP English Classes: “A” or “B” in current English AND teacher recommendation
Summer Reading Requirements: All students read two works during the summer. Follow your specific grade level requirements!Some of these books may be available as ebooks in the THS Library or online. You will only be able to access this account if you are currently in high school (sorry, incoming freshmen!) For instructions on how to access your account, click here THS Library Follett Shelf E-book Access Instructions.
I. Read 2019 AP Prep 9 Requirements
1. For help use this Sample Reading Log
2. Bring log, study guide, book to class the first day.
B. Complete Of Mice and Men Study Guide.
1. Finish 50% of each set of chapter questions.
3. Need a copy of the book? Of Mice and Men full text
II. Read English 10 AP Prep Requirements:
1. Use this Sample Reading Log to help you.
2. Bring log, study guide, books to class the first day.
B. Read I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.
1. Complete the To Kill a Mockingbird study guide: follow directions.
2. Do you need a copy of the book? Here is the To Kill a Mockingbird full book pdf
C. Bring study guide, novel, and log to class the first day!
III. AP English Literature read AP Lit Summer Reading Letter 2019
A. Read How to Read Literature Like a Professor and a novel from the approved list.
B. Complete the prompts listed in the instructions using the novel you chose from the list.
C. Bring completed work and books with you to class on day 1.
IV. AP English Language read AP Lang Summer Reading Letter 2019
A. Read your book from the approved list. Audio is available for purchase on sites such as audible.com. for most of these books.
B. Follow the not taking strategies on the letter.
C. Complete the REHUGO project I taught in class and have explained in the letter.
D. Bring all work and your book on day 1 of class.
- 2019 Full AP Reading List for Tomah High School
- AP English Literature and Composition Curriculum for TASD
- AP English Language and Composition Curriculum for TASD
- AP Literary Vocabulary Terminology for TASD
- Tomah Public Library link
AP Testing Resources:
- Sample AP Language Synthesis Essay Question
- AP Literature Prose Essay Prompts 1970-Present
- AP Literature Poetry Essay Questions 1970-Present
- AP Literature Open Response Questions 1970-present
MLA Writing Resources:
MLA style paper help links: English Writing Resources