Tomah Area School District is proud to partner with Gundersen Health System to provide our WIAA student-athletes continuous sports medicine expertise throughout the entire year. Gundersen Health System provides athletic training services for all injuries to help our student-athletes heal and to help them excel in their sport after returning from injury. These highly specialized experts deliver comprehensive, continuous care with a personal understanding of the needs of high school student-athletes.
Services for Tomah Area High School Student-Athletes
- Injury Prevention/Evaluation/Treatment
- Rehabilitation of Injuries
- Emergency Care
- Concussion Management
- Assist in referrals to outside care facilities when required
Liz Ostrowski, MS, LAT, CSCS, ITAT
Gundersen Health Sports Medicine
*Athletic Training Room Hours
Monday- Friday: 2:30pm -5:30pm
*These hours are subject to change based on my availability, game coverage, and on non-school days hours will change to meet the needs of the sports. My location will be posted on the white board on the door of the athletic training room to know where to find me in the building or if I’m outside at one of the fields. In the instance of multiple events being held at the same time, the athletic trainer and high school athletic director will determine which event to be covered based on risk of injury.
How can you help support the Tomah Area School District Athletic Training?
Many of the athletic training supplies have come from donations and funds given to the athletic trainer by the sports booster club. If you have any unused braces, crutches, or walking boots that are in good condition please consider donating them to the school and let them know it’s for the athletic trainer. If you have other things you would like to donate, please contact the athletic trainer by email.
About Our Athletic Trainer
- Bachelors of Science from University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point
- Masters of Science from University of North Dakota
Certifications and Licenses:
- Board of Certification for Athletic Training – Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC)
- Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services – Licensed Athletic Trainer (LAT)
- Minnesota Board of Medical Practice – Licensed Athletic Trainer (LAT)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association – Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- ImPact Applications – ImPact Trained Athletic Trainer (ITAT)
- Modern Cupping Therapy – Certified in Cupping